Wednesday, May 16, 2018

More Aurora Wings Springtime Beauties

Two days in a row?! Right? 
Don't get used to it, but I'll keep trying to create
and share here as often as time allows.

I have another Aurora Wings Mother's Day card to spotlight today.

I chose to use one of my favorite mermaid images,

I colored this beauty using Toner Grays and Blue Green Copic markers.
Pretty much my go to coloring medium. And BGs being some of my favorite
hues in the Copic collection.  

 I used some coordinating background paper and cheesecloth
for an ocean feel. Even tossed in some sequins for sparkle,
along with Stickles for more bling factor.
My MIL loved it.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:


I'm not entering these cards in any challenges, but wanted to share them.

I chose this image for Grandma's card. 
This adorable family is called, Mushrooms.
Colored with Cool Grays and Violet Copic markers.

Kept this one in Grandma's favorite color, purple.
I really like how the foiled card plays nicely with the grays.
And as usual, this is Stickled for sparkle.

Meditating Mushroom is colored in Warm Grays and Yellow Red Copics.
I cropped the image for quicker coloring and better fit on the smaller
4.5 X 5.5 card. I added some Stickles to his 'bumps', 
and then covered them with clear Nuvo drops for an interesting texture.
 Used some lace and sequins to finish this one off.

Last, is little Poppy Sprite. Also cropped.
So sweet and fun to color using Cool Gray and Red Violet Copic markers.
Grosgrain ribbon, metal embellished ribbon, and black half pearls
compliment this foiled background paper and cute image perfectly.

Thanks for dropping by today.
I'll be back tomorrow with another project for your amusement.    
    

9 comments:

  1. I'm getting spoiled already, Glo! Hehe. Another gorgeous entry in Ch. 66 from you. I love how the Princess of the Sea has the look of mischief - great shading near her lips for that! The teal looks so pretty with the greyscale coloring. Your background and cheesecloth really create a lovely ocean look. All other cards are so beautiful, too! Thanks for joining the 'Black and White w/ or w/o a Splash of Color' challenge at AWCB! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bling’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You are AMAZING! (Well DUH, I already knew that but...) I'm gonna try not to gush all over you, but these are ALL precious beyond belief. Love, love, LOVE your fabulous style and thanks again for joining us for Challenge #66. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring of these very cool images with the limited palette. I love all of them! Thanks for sharing your mermaid in our bling challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria your cards are adorable. I love them all. Your Princess of the Sea card is fabulous, and I think you have used just the right amount of colour on her. Thanks so much for sharing her with us in our Black and White (colour optional) challenge this time. Good luck.
    Dawn DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing card!!! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Colouring in Scrapland and good luck!! Esther (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards. Coloring with tonal grays and a pop of color is GENIUS!!! Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Bling It Up Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.