Sunday, May 6, 2018

Let me introduce you to the Gent

Man, where does the time go? Seems only yesterday I was trying
to get back into creating and blogging more often. Then, radio silence.
Well, I'm back! 
This time I should be around a bit more often since I am on the newly
supporting and creating art using the current line of stamps created by 

I chose to start by creating an insert page for my art journal.
I picked up a pack of these from Tuesday Morning on the cheap. 
They came in three different colors; manila tag, black, and kraft. 
I had the bright idea to use a black page, and then I heat embossed The Gent 
image with black powder. Now, how the heck was I gonna color this thing?!

I decided to give it a go using some Stampin' Up watercolor pencils.
Since my selection was limited, I was challenged to come up with a flesh tone.

I ended up using browns, oranges, yellows, and white. 
Not sure it worked all that well, but it does convey a flesh-ish tone.   
It toned down quite a bit once I used some water to blend it out.

I created the background using Distress Oxide inks.
I love these inks. They blend like buttah, and I love the
oxide effect that is achieved simply with water.  

 I have a bunch of mustache brads that I rarely use, so I was
determined to get one on this project. I used it to cross the "t". 
Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

I added some washi tape and hardware to the upper corner.
I tried to keep it pretty flat along the left hand side as it will be added 
to my art journal, which already has issues closing.

 I added some silver gear die cuts, and broke out my Distress crayons
to add distress and grunge all over the place. I love the black crayon. It's perfect
for adding dimension and shading on projects like this.
Lastly, I added black and white splatter to give an over all cohesiveness to the page.

That's it for me today.
Be sure to pop by the SpeshInk blog to meet all of the new DT talent, and
prepare for the next installment of art made with these awesome stamps.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Great job of the colouring - that was quite a challenge you set yourself. And that brad crossing the T is the sort of inspired touch that lifts a piece of work into the genius category. Thanks for sharing at SOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real gentleman tag and very dreamy. Beautiful color scheme, Thank you for showing it on SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh this is ALL ALL ALL kinds of awesomeness!!!
    Thanks for engineering with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
    It's great to see you back playing along with us :)
    We've missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely what Jane said... the moustache on the 't' is brilliant! But I also love your colouring and how you emphasized the whites of your gent's eyes. Fab journal page! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great--no need to worry on the fleshtones--just wow! A fab entry for SOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab stamp - great creation! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "E is for Engineering" challenge! Sharon Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, your card is amazing! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great coloring!

    Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, very well done. Thanks for engineering with the Snarky sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great project, love it! My favourite touch is the moustach on the 'T', clever. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.