Monday, September 19, 2016

For the Boys and Men

The new theme at Aurora Wings is 
"For the Boys and Men".
Now, I usually craft with a fairly masculine energy. No subtle colors
or super sappy baby images for this chick. BUT, I do have a problem
crafting specifically for men or boys in mind. So, this theme did kind of
throw me for a moment. Then I remembered that I have been wanting to
color in that adorable Zombie Puppy of Mitzi's. He goes purrfectly with the 
Zombie Kitty that I colored up so long ago here.        

I went with a Golden Retriever color palette for this undead pup.
I also just went for it and started my Halloween cards for the season.
It's never too early for me, ya know. In fact, I'm actually running
a bit behind this year...

I thought the feel of this card was pretty masculine, but I did have to
stop myself from adding some Stickles to the green goo dripping out 
this pup's mouth. Some habits are hard to break.

C'mon, even for a zombie puppy this guy is ADORABLE!!
I colored him with Copics and made sure to make his stitched-on leg
a bit discolored to mimic either a different breed of dog, or just a leg well
past it's "best by" date. 

I used various random Halloween papers from my ever growing scraps box
and collection of Halloween themed papers. And the googly eyes are a new
addition to my "collection". I had to use them in some way. I just had too!
I popped on some die cut bones and a spider web for balance and to add more
lime green to the project.
I think any boy, man, woman, or girl would love this card. And now the seal has been 
broken, so get ready for more Halloween themed projects from now until November.

Be sure to stop by the Aurora Wings Challenge blog and check out all of the 
incredible inspiration projects for this new theme.
  

6 comments:

  1. EEEK! He's adorable and perfect for the theme. Love your coloring, as usual and of course you had me at "Googly Eyes". Amazing Halloween card! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this a FUN card! Love how you colored the Zombie Puppy, Glo! I noticed the slightly 'off' color of the stitched-on leg right away. That's the kind of detail I just LOVE! Happy Halloween to you, now and always! Thank you for this bright and creepy inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings today! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fab. Love what you did with the leg and all creepy details. Isn't halloween just awesome.... Love it and love your card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun card, great colouring and colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think any guy would have minded a little green sparkle drool. Looks superb as always. Your colouring always makes the images pop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Gloria, loving the googly eyes x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.