Monday, March 21, 2016

Still pluggin' away...

Yup, I'm still working on the wedding album I started last year
for my Aunt and Uncle.
Slow and steady wins the race, right? 
I should have this album finished by their third anniversary if
I keep at it. That's September of this year. 
I had better not put it away or I'll forget I'm working on it, again. 

It's a good thing the new challenge at the Aurora Wings Challenge blog is
Anything Goes.

In keeping with the Hawaiian/ocean theme I have used the adorable
I decided to crop the image to keep it small enough to fit into the layout,
and large enough to color it well with my aging eyeballs.
Reader glasses are my saving grace when it comes to coloring images
these days.

Using the same image, I separated the sea turtles and used them 
by themselves for added interest and to make the two pages cohesive.
I added lots of circle punches to give the feeling of bubbles, and some
branch die cuts to mimic coral. I have been collecting a TON of
charms and brads and schtuff for this project, and I finally managed to 
work in one of the fish charms as a cute dangle from the sentiment tag.
I'm trying to keep the dimensions to a minimum or the book will never 
close properly.

That's going to do it for me today. 
I hope you'll pop by the challenge blog and check out all of the 
incredible inspiration pieces my DT sisters have created for this
new Anything Goes challenge.  


  

6 comments:

  1. This really is going to be one fabulous album, Glo! And just think what a surprise it'll be when you FINALLY (sorry, just had to do a little dig) finish it. Been watching each step of the way and the Aurora Wings images you've chosen are just precious. Lovely coloring and layouts and you've managed to maintain the glorious beachy feel with your papers and carefully chosen embellies. They're going to be thrilled. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, gloria! I am sure they will love it! And really love the sea themed album

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album is coming along really beautifully, Glo! (I'd love to see either a slide presentation or a video thumb-through when you are finished. *hint hint* ) I love how you colored the little mermie with lots of highlights in her hair with pearls! Precious!! The use of turtles on both pages to tie them together thematically is a great idea! I love how your happy your aunt and uncle look in these photos, and how you present their special memories in such beautiful ways!! Thank you so much for this very special inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glo this is just so cool I know they will appreciate it when you are done! I love to scrapbook as well, thanks for the inspiration to use some images in pages.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun way to use this image, lovely project, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful! they're going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.