Friday, March 4, 2016

Check out this Carnivorous Cutie

It is so cool to see the seed of an idea come to fruition.
From time to time, Mitzi will ask her DTs and fans for ideas
of images they'd like to see. It doesn't mean she'll be able to draw all
of them, but she does manage to create quite a few with wonderful success.

Her newest sprite image is a 
Isn't she just murderously lovely? Well, she does eat flies after all.

I'm still waiting patiently for my idea of a Black Widow Sprite
but I digress... 

I decided to do a day-glo version of this little sprite.
I love neon pink and green. Can't help it. Must be
residual from surviving the 80's.

I colored her up with Copics, my usual go-to coloring medium.
I've tried other mediums like colored pencils and distress inks, but
I never can achieve the level of color saturation that has come to be my
style of coloring. No pastels or watercolor subtly from this chick. 
  
Since the coloring of the sprite was pretty overwhelming, I decided to 
ground everything with browns and even distressed the dp flags to keep
them subtle, not so neon.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you'll drop by the AW showcase blog to see 
all the various DT versions of this carnivorous cutie.  
The Venus Flytrap Sprite image is available in the shop here.

6 comments:

  1. OOOh, gorgeous, Go! Your Sprite just pops off the page! I'm always in awe of your coloring and the neons are just yummy! Fabulous sentiment and design, too. I LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of your takes on my Sprites with these classic Glo Palette! What's amazing to me here is that you thought to ground the super bright main image with a subdued browns with hints of pink throughout. I would have never thought of this, and I'm really impressed how great your project looks. Outstanding designing talent, not to mention awesome coloring skills! Thank you so much for this gorgeous sample for today's new release, Glo!
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw-droppingly AWESOME Glo !!! :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Gloria, love the brightness of your Sprite, coloured to perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring like always! And love the idea of black widow spider! I sense a dark sprite lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I love your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.