Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I guess I have succumbed to the fact that spring is
in full bloom. Early, but blooming none the less.
I seem to keep reaching for bright, girly colors to
use on my projects. It's like Mother Nature is sending
me subliminal messages or something. I wish she'd quit
doing that.
I do have to admit that when I saw the freebie image for
the Smeared and Smudged Freaky Freebie facebook challenge,
I was hit right away with this idea.  

I immediately knew I wanted to make her gas mask
into a watering can to water the blooms of the apocalypse.
I dotted the background  using Copics to look like falling ash, 
ala Silent Hill.  

This ended up way prettier than I had imagined, 
but it is nice to see what's in my head come to
fruition.

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. OMG I never envisioned this image like this, you rocked it. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Girly in a great way, adore the colors. Spot on spots and dynamite coloring!
    Wonderful LOC ATC. Thank you so much for playing with us at Left of Center Challenges!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love how you have colored and presented her. I am taking part in the Smeared & Smudged event too :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Thanks for accepting the Create Your Own Background Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did ith this image. Thanks for joining us at LOC. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe! This image is so unique but you made it into something really creative and beautiful. I love this quote as well. It is so fitting and touching. Thanks for joining us at the MarkerPop! Anything Goes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the gas mask as the watering can. Fab. x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.