Friday, October 17, 2014

The Elusive Halloween Spider Day 17

Looks like I've gotten my second wind, and none too soon.
Here we are at Day 17 of the 31 Days of Halloween and the
Countdown to Halloween already. Time sure flies when you
have to wait all year for the best holiday ever.
Every year it seems to sneak up on me earlier and earlier.

I have yet another fabulous paper bag album page for your
viewing pleasure.

This time I give you the elusive Halloween Spider.
She only comes out of hiding four to five weeks each year,
and it's exclusive to October.
This is the insert for the actual album page. I have used the 
Rick St. Dennis skulls rubber stamp from the Morte set,
available only through the rubber club at Smeared Ink
I colored the background image with Distress Inks and splattered 
some inks in white and black to break it up a bit.
The star of the show is the tarantula digi image from Smeared Ink
She's all dolled up with Copics.

Here's the album page with the pocket on the left.
I used coordinating papers from an old paper pad from
Recollections (maybe?). I used an EK spider web punch, and
bridged the gap between the papers with a glittery spider tape,
definitely from Recollections.     

This is the insert peeking out from the pocket.
Isn't she beautiful? I am rather fond of how she turned out.
And is there any doubt it's a girl with that glorious coloring?

Insert all tucked away safely inside the pocket the end flap
of the paper bag provides. Just a bit of glue on the top and
bottom to seal it off and complete the pocket.

I think I spent most of my time searching for just the
right label. I think I found it.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Have you entered my giveaway found here?
You have until the 25th to sign up.

20 comments:

  1. that spidey is absolutely gorgeous Glo. Definitely ready for her Hallowe'en party xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation and a relly poisonous coloring of the main spider! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never fail to impress!!!! I LOVE your colouring of that gorgeous spider, and all your searching definitely paid off, as that is the perfect label :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh !!! GORGEOUS - I luv the colour of your spider. Superb creation Glo :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is nothing short of glorious! You colored her so beautifully! The album page is super enough to be her home...love the pocket and that spider tape is so delightful! And your time spent researching was worth it! Perfect label! Really wonderful, colorful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo Your spider is so gorgeous, love the great intense colors! All your layers and details, superb! Love the Spider Fangs label!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely fabulous! I love your coloring on the elusive spider, and yes, she could only be a female!! LOL Your time was well spent searching for the label. I cannot think of one that would have worked better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous insert page, the background is fabulous and that spider is so bright and colorful, total love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous spider, beautiful colours. Love it - do you remember which copic colours you used on her?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!
    I love how it peeks through the laciness of the web.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure did find the perfect label! Fabulous page and insert. That spider is absolutely GORGEOUS and the background ROCKS! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done an excellent job with this page. Love the colors, images (despite it being spider related) and the textures. I know I will never be disappointed when I come to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even look at this one it is so eeeek and realistic. I HATE SPIDERS! good job scaring a poor young woman ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooo what a Spooktacular page insert for a spooktacular page! Everything is GORE-geous and bootifully coloured! Love EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Posting again, in case my first comment got lost... pc crashed! lol I love your spider, love the background, I love your pocket page! Love that web punch! Fabulous project Glo! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous!! That spider is just gorgeous although I probably wouldn't want to meet her - I had a bit of an issue with a huge insect in my bedroom last night - like a wasp but many times larger. Anybody know what it might be?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning make! I love the vibrant colors on your spider! May I ask which colors you've used?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is WONDERFUL! Love your use of the skull image as a background, and the spider is colored beautifully. The vintage-style labels are absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning work of art! Love how you've colored the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is a fantastic bag album! Time well spent indeed! SO many small delightful details! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.