Monday, August 18, 2014

Under the Sea

Wow, I can hardly believe we're already up to challenge #6 at
The new challenge theme is 'Under the Sea', and there is
no shortage of Aurora Wings images to choose from in this category.

I had a hard time choosing an image myself, but I finally decided on this
lovely siren of the sea. And the fact that there was a skull involved help
to sway my decision.

I started out coloring the 'Secret Kissesusing Copics.
I made blotches in blue greens to give her a spotted koi look. Or at least
that's what I had in mind while doing this.

My next logical and obvious choice was to add my favorite lime green hues.
I also started out by making blotches, and then just blended out to the blue greens.

Usually with this color combo, I go for orange as my next color to really
give good contrast and pop against the cooler tones. I decided to just stay in 
the cool tones and went with purple. You can never go wrong with purple. 
I added some air bubbles to the background so she didn't just look like
she was floating in midair. 

When I think of magical mermaids, I think glitter and sparkles. 
Always.

Lots of sparkle and glitter. Lots.

And here we have my all time favorite colors. 
All together, in one magical underwater package.
This card is going to my SIL for her birthday, today.
She's not a super girly-girl, so I think she'll dig this card. 

Thanks for dropping by today.
 I do hope you'll make a trip over to the Aurora Wings challenge blog
and see all of the wonderful under the sea inspired DT projects.
Truly inspired works by all of the DT, you won't want to miss it.  


2 comments:

  1. Atta girl! I was worried that perhaps you'd changed your post time. We all made it! I can't tell you how much I adore this image and the way you've colored her is sublime. Love the sparkle and those cool sea weedy thingies. Fabulous! Now it's bed time for me. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Glo! I LOVE this! Lover her spot patterned body and your color combination. Glitter adds the perfect touch of magic to the whole thing. Stunning!!

    Big hug,
    Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.