Friday, June 6, 2014

Smeared Fringe

Greetings!
I am here to share my weekly make for Smeared Ink.
I always need blank note cards, or a blank all occasion card,
but always seem to have used my last one already.
So, I decided that now would be a good time to add to my
stash of blank cards.

I have used two of the images from the versatile set of digis named,

This guy is called, Fringe 1.
He strikes me as not only masculine, but Aztec in origin.
Must be those great feathers and headdress.
He'd even make a good Father's Day card for the edgier type Dad.

After coloring him in yellow greens and oranges/yellows, 
I fussy cut the image and popped it onto the front of some
Hallowe'en themed dp scraps. I even managed to destash some
orange acrylic dew drops, too. Score! 


I decided to go in a completely different color direction for this one.
This guy is called, Fringe 4.  

Since I have a stupid amount of Tim Holtz Idea-ology hardware and 
sctuff, I have been hanging onto the package backing on most of the products. 
The thought being that I can reuse it in any of my numerous paper crafting adventures. 
I finally incorporated a backing card into a project! One down, 25+ more to go!
I also added a couple of Sizzix die cuts with some heat embossed 
Frantage for a little bling.
Perfect for a Father's Day card, too!

 I'd like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

 Thanks for dropping by today.






9 comments:

  1. AWESOME - these are totally amazing and I have fallen in love with Fringe 1. :-)
    Your colouring is stunning as always Glo :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fab cards!! Great designs!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards you made, so different in colors but fab designs! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH your brilliant use of packaging should win an award! I didn't even recognize it until I read it! Great CARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you sell these?,if so, where? They're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness they are fabulous! I really love how you make the images come to life with your use of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layouts an the colours. Really unusal images but fascinating. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend And Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it -love it-love it! Thanks for joining the Bombshell Stamps challenge.
    Crafty greetings of Stempelientje.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! You won for our June Challenge Contests! Please see this link and email me! http://bombshellstamps.blogspot.com/2014/07/june-prize-patrol.html

    And awesome cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.