Monday, February 3, 2014

Rotten to the core

This week at Haunted Design House the theme is
ROTTEN ROMANCE.  
Been there, done that.

I decided to make a heart shaped ornament using burlap.
I cut heart shapes out of burlap and then "glued" them together
using pearl mica flake compound. It gave the heart a nice solid
center to adhere my goodies onto. Plus it made for a cool
glittery center when dry. Win, win!

I colored up this awesome Grotesque Cupid from 
I fussy cut him out and then I clear embossed him a couple of times
for added strength and shininess. 

After embossing and before gluing him and his polar opposite brother into place,
I added some chip board flourishes in the background for more interest and sparkle.
I added some red foil embossing powder onto the existing silver glitter to make it stand out. 

Lastly, I ran some TH tinsel twine through a eyelet, to hang my heart ornie.

Drop by HDH to check out the other Minion samples and 
enter to win some killer Delicious Darkness images of your
very own!  

5 comments:

  1. Gobsmackingly AWESOME !!! I LUV this piece :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant and as always your attention to detail is immense. Colouring is divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this with all the glitzy gorgeousness hun! xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.