Friday, October 4, 2013

Let the holidaze begin!!

No surprise that I am giddy with the onset of the best
holiday ever. The countdown to Hallowe'en has begun!
Actually, the countdown begins over again on November 1st, but
you get the idea. I bleed orange and black all year long.

This card is for the current/new challenge at Dilly Beans challenges,
Hallowe'en
Sorry for the blurry picture. I already mailed the card, so this will have to do.

Once again, I have been inspired by the incredibly witty word art from 
Sometimes the word art is just what I need to get in gear and make something
out of nothing. Or at least find my mojo.

Since Megan doesn't really have a typical zombie image, I opted to 
bedeck Nutmeg (#533) in full Hallowe'en regalia.
I went for a dot coloring of her hair, as I am at a loss as to how
to color that awesome fro she's sporting.

I broke out with this cute tombstone brad although it had a big scratch
in the paint. I just got out my needle tool and added some more scratches
to give the idea of cracks rather than a scratched up, misfit brad.  
It's cute, right?

Thanks for dropping by! You should check out the other DT's 
Hallowe'en themed work on the Dilly Beans challenge site.
Maybe you'll even be inspired to play along!    
  

4 comments:

  1. I love black and orange too (and Halloween of course) so this is right up my street. The image is so cute but that sentiment is just fabulous! Great brad too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love the sentiment! Wonderful card and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love those colors and that's such a fun sentiment. I thought for sure it was a stamp. Yay for Gingers. The tombstone looks better with more scratches. I love how her hair looks and what kind of funky ribbon is that?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.