Friday, November 16, 2012

Twisted Holidaze at Sparkle and Glitter

Wow! Is it Friday already? Actually, it's almost Thanksgiving already?!
Where does the time go?
The theme is rather fitting for the new challenge at Sparkle and Glitter.
It's Twisted Holidaze!! 
They are upon us!
 I stepped outside of my well worn box, and made my first gatefold card.
I also had to make it hard for myself and had to do 
the math for the dimensions I needed.
Twice.

I used the Creepmas tree that Rick drew at my suggestion.
You can thank me now. It's awesome!!!
After coloring the tree and it's "ornaments" with Copics, I went over all the
rat tails, feet, and ears with a glaze pen. I also went over the snakes with the glaze
pen to give them all a shiny effect. I went over the shrunken head strings with a Stardust pen.
Gotta have sparkly strings!! 

The is one of my very favorite images called, Head Master.
Great tattoo imagery right there.
I added the Beware tin sign to act as the closure for the card.
I tried to make it appear distressed by lightly sanding it with a sanding block.

For the inside sentiment, I used Merry Creepmas BONES.
I flanked it with some EK border punched spider webs.

Not too bad for my first Creepmas card of the year.
Lots more to come!!

Please join us over at Sparkle and Glitter for all the Twisted Holiday fun!  




  

6 comments:

  1. I being waiting forever to comment on this card lol. Just fantastic!!! I was going to use this Tree for my sexy Girl, then i change my mind to more cute. I love, love what you done here.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepmas indeed this is brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rocks, Glow! I love what you do with Rick's images! Your work is always amazing! BTW, I received my goodie bag. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! That image makes me smile he is just so delighted,in a devlish way. Great interior too. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.