Friday, October 5, 2012

Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St. Dennis

Today is the day!
It's the very first day of the new Rick St. Dennis challenge blog!
The theme is "Anything Goes Sparkle and Glitter".
Easy enough, right?
Rick has a TON of brilliant images in his Etsy shop to choose from
and he even offered a couple of free images to play with over the weekend.
You don't have to use a RSD image to play, but it will earn you an extra entry if you do!
 
Choosing just one image was rough,
but after considering the challenge, I finally decided to color up a gorgeous
 
As attractive as the Spite is, I am drawn to the fish more.
He is gorgeous!!
I went with a non traditional color scheme in keeping with the
fantasy theme. 

I tried to find some papers that would work and found some
pearl paper (from Walmart of all places) in a Colorbok paper pad.
I also used a strip of paper that I made using an Andy Skinner technique.
It turned out soooo cool, but doesn't show well here.
I added some rhinestone swirls to cover the sparkles requirement.     

And then that brings us to the glittered portion of my project.
I used quite a bit of Stickles to accent the Sprite's hair and
to bring out the iridescence of that fabulous fish!
 
 
where you can find inspiration for the theme, and maybe even win some
free images from not only Rick, but Delicious Doodles is sponsoring a prize
as well!!  
 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. I love your die cuts and sparkles. Happy to work with you on EDT together.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria! This is amazing! The colours are so perfect for deepsea beauties! I love the fish... and the sprite in green... awesome! I'm so glad to be creating with you at RSD!
    hugs,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glo, this totally freaking rocks. The fish is gorgeous. Great coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.