Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wretched Wednesday - Get Lost!

I have been having a hard time focusing on the
task at hand lately.
Lots of life changing experiences hapening lately.
The dust has started to settle and the healing has
begun, so it's time for the big girl panties and let's
get back to business. 
I finally managed to create my Get Lost! project
for this week's Macabre Monday challenge.

As soon as I saw this Voodoo Lady image
I knew she would be mine. Yes, she would be mine... 

I took an Old World map I found on Google
and chopped it in half and distressed it. 

I used both halves to layer behind my main image.
I also made my own background paper with an
ancient clear stamp of a compass and some
Sepia Versamark, some clear embossing powder,
and some Stickles.

And then for my big "step out of my comfort zone",
I colored with watercolor pencils on kraft paper.
It was fun and different to use the pencils. It seemed to 
take longer, but the end result is pretty cool.
I need some more pencils, but I am not into the whole
Gammasol and baby oil blending, so it's cheapy
Coloray or Col-erase pencils for me!
There is still plenty of time to enter


4 comments:

  1. Haha big girl panties. You are hilarious and extraordinarily talented! This is one freaking ACe card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image too! The colored pencils do look cool, but I agree that it takes longer. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I love how you created your own papers...

    I'm sorry things are wonky... I hope things start looking up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I MUST have her too! Could this be more fabulous? I would say NO! LOVe, love, LOOVE!!! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.