Monday, January 30, 2012

Don't forget your lunchbox!!

All the smell and feel of a vintage lunch box...
memories.

I'm going to share yet another "collection "
(you say hoarder, I say collector) with you today.

Lunchboxes!!!

First up are the most coveted of my collection,
The Sid and Marty Krofft lunchboxes!!

I think watching the Sid and Marty Krofft shows is my fondest
childhood memory. I even have the episodes on VHS.
I have a Lidsville box, an H.R. Pufnstuf, and my newest addition,
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters.
Now I just need a Bugaloos and a Krofft! Supershow box to 
complete the set.  

The box on the left is from my favorite Disney cartoon,
Robin Hood.
I had the record as kid, so I know all the songs by heart.
"Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest..."

The Disney box on the far right was my first lunchbox as a kid. 
I almost cried when I found it on eBay. I said almost!
Isn't it funny how you won't even slightly recall something
from your past until you see a picture of it somewhere? 
I think I saw all of my previous lunchboxes on eBay at one point.
Wags n' Whiskers is still on my wish list...

There on the bottom left is my Dark Crystal lunchbox.
It even has the thermos still intact.
The upper right is my cherished Buckwheat box. Otay!
Some of my boxes aren't "vintage", but they are still cool anyway.
Love me some sock monkeys, Willy Wonka and the
Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.    

Here is my homage to my Lord and Saviour,
Jim Henson.
The Kermit with the fangs is my original stuffed Kermit from 1980.
The Pigs in Space box is kinda covered by the Star Wars
Muppets action figures on the right. 

Here is my bookshelf which seems overloaded, and it is.
There are a couple of Hello Kitty boxes and a
Cheech and Chong lunchbox too.

Here are my tiny boxes:
The Munsters, The Gashlycrumb Tinies,
Wendy and Casper, Top Cat, and Snagglepuss.
Up top is my Lenore box and various vinyl toys.

More "collectibles", including my Toxic Toons vinyl figures,
my Little Apple Doll - Umbrae, and some Skelanimal goodies
including a lunchbox. 

I look at collecting as an investment for my son's future.
My son can't wait for me die so he can finally play with all
of "Mommy's toys".

9 comments:

  1. ooodelaly oodelaly golly what a day! haha loved that cartoon too. You must have a big superbly massive house to have all of that stuff. My house can't even handle just my craft stuff. I love your collections they are way too cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers... loving tons of your goods. i remember having a snoopy lunch box shaped like a dog house... it was so old it didn't have a thermos... nope it had glass bottle.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such amazing toys! I love it!! I love your vincent stuff oh and PS Stevie Ray Vaughan is an awesome guitar player!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigmund!! I loved that show every saturday morning! No one else even knows what I am talking about when I mention him. I love him still, jiggly seaweed and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's pretty impressive! I only wish I had room to display all my Star Wars stuff along side my Halloween stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing collection! I love the Dark Crystal and HR Puff n Stuff lunch boxes! I remember back-in-the-day I had a Dukes of Hazard and Garfield. Thanks for reminding me how old I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HR Puffn Stuff and sigmund the seamonster were so great!!! Love your collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love our collection of 'vintage' stuff- because it's 'vintage' TV. SOOO cool!!! I wish I lived closer because I think we'd be good friends.... (even if I am not as creative as you.).
    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. to say i covet your collection is an understatement. WOW! *turns green with major envy* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.