Friday, January 14, 2011

SBC Challenge #2 "Make it a Classic"

Today's challenge at Simply Betty Challenges is to create a Valentine's Day card
using black and white and silver (optional), with either
pink or red as an accent color.
You can't use both, but rather one or the other.
We can all thank the creative genius who is Eulanda for this little challenge.
Thank you Eulanda!

I decided to work with "Sally" from

I really like the whole black and white color scheme with a touch of pink for
a nice pop of color. It was a bit hard to limit my use of the pink accent color.
I couldn't resist using pink for her eyes, but was worried she'd look like an albino rat
when I was all done. I think it looks pretty cool.

I just had to use a Glow Skull for the fleur center since I made
this one with a heart for an eye special just for Valentine's Day.

Please join us this week for our "Classic" challenge, and if you are the lucky
winner you will win a gorgeous "Be Mine" paper pack from Echo Park.  
 

12 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You're MY hero lady! This ROCKS!!! I Love her pink eyes! (LOL Altho...an albino rat might be fun too.... ) This is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I really love this card!!Would you like my snail mail addy??LOL Great card hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Glo - this is gorgeous! LOVE her pink eyes!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! love it, those balloons r 2 cool n love the glow skull with heart eye x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW! The black and white coloring on here is STUNNING and that splash of pink GENIUS!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow GLo,

    That is amazing!

    Have a great weekend.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty Cool! It's blooming gorgeous, I love it, one of my fave SBS images too:)
    Beautiful work hunni:)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Gloria, she is stunning!! I think your use of pink on her and your card is brillant. You amaze me with your talent and the softness of this card and her gorgeous pink eyes.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally vamp-tastic, Glo! Love the heart-eyed skully! Too cool! Sally's pink eyes turned out hauntingly beautiful! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooooo f'in kewel!! I don't know what it is about her pink eyes but you just ROCKED her with those!! Love the grey coloring. Looks so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This looks SO COOL!! I love the way you have colored it - and the pink eyes are awesome! (I just realized I am really showing my age with all of my "cool's" and "awesome's"! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOh, gorgeous! she looks nothing like an albino rat. She's just fabulous! Such a beautiful card! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.