Monday, January 10, 2011

HDH071 Bizarre Birthday

I've been nursing an extremely melodramatic eleven year old with a common cold,
and haven't had much time to create this weekend, so I just kinda tossed this card together
in between naps and vapor rub applications .

This week's Macabre Monday challenge is,
"Bizarre Birthday".  

I guess it depends on what you consider bizarre.
Then again, a zombie celebrating a birthday does seem a bit bizarre.
As soon as I achieve zombie status, I am throwing away my calendar and tossing
out my watch!

I found this image online somewhere a long time ago and fell in love and immediately
envisioned a really cool birthday card. Taa-daahh!
It was cool coloring a black and white image with my Copics to give it a subtle colored effect.
I left off any glittery bits and baubles and used some old stash items instead, like the brightly colored eyelets and the spiral clips. I am actually trying to stick to a goal this year of using my older stash items and tools.
Now I need to find that Stamp-a-ma-jig thingy, and my paper crimper.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh your poor wee guy remember boy colds are much worse than girl ones. Your card is nothing short of spectacular, your colouring on the image is genius and the whole card is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond awesome! Too frickin' cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a total crack up! LOVE the image and how you colored it. Brilliant, chickie! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.