Monday, January 3, 2011

HDH070 Nightmarish New Year

I am not a huge fan of resolutions. I very rarely keep them more than a week or
two after the New Year and I don't even bother to make them anymore.

That being said, the very first Haunted Design House challenge of the New Year is called,
"Nightmarish New Year".
The theme is to represent some horrific resolution that always falls by the wayside
before the end of January.

This card was inspired by the simple, yet elegant designs of my Masterful Mistress, Barb.
I really like some of her more simplistic layouts and her use of the score thingy.
I actually pierced the design with a cool template I have had for over a year and 
have never used it until now. I really like the effect.

I used the Gossmere "Toasting Properly" image from Tiddly Inks.
I also used the freebie sentiment from Christy's TI blog.
It was quite fitting for this challenge.
It would appear that ol' Gossy's got a bit of a drinking problem, but she assures me
she is going to quit first thing tomorrow morning.
Okay, Gossy, we'll see.

Let's kick off the first challenge of the year with a bang and
see how many newbies (and oldbies) we can get to join us!
I dare ya!!!
I double dog dare ya!
I triple dog dare ya!
Ya gotta do it now.

3 comments:

  1. I love her! You always have the best images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chickie! Fabulous card! Of course love the image (you beat me to it, LOL) and the piercing is just too cool! Hmmm...seem to be thinking along the same lines all the way around. (Great minds!) xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she is drinking out of a poison bottle, superb! The piercing design is very effective, the colour scheme is amazing and the whole card is AMAZING x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.