Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hogs and Sketches - Goulash

The kids over at Hambo decided to change things up a bit this month
and make this challenge a bit more, um, ... challenging.
All the DT members had an (un)knowing part in this potpourri of a challenge.
We  were all asked a random question regarding our favorite color, embellishment, technique, etc., and then a recipe was made and we were asked to adhere to it.
This was my very first attempt at paper piecing (thanks, MacKenzie).
Everything that is red or purple on the main image has been pain stakingly, cut out by hand and glued into place, by yours truly.
I am happy with how it turned out and may actually use this technique again someday.
The color combo is very, 'Red Hat', but it works. I like the smaller size card, since I used this larger image, it kept things simple. And who doesn't like Dew Drops?  
This was a fun challenge and it really took me out of my comfort zone and thought box.
I am really fond of this new digital image from Hambo.
So many options for this one.

So, don't be a chicken. Join us over at Hambo for this month's Hogs and Sketches challenge.
Pick up a rubber or a digital image (there are some freebies too!) over at the website, and get busy being creative.
I double dog dare ya!

2 comments:

  1. HA! You have way more patience than I would have cutting out all those parts! LOL

    Great card Gloria!! And now, because of you, I'll be humming the "Barney" theme song all day!

    I love you, you love me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so stinkin' cute! What a fun image, and your paper piecing is great :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.