Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whew!

Well, I did it. I turned 39 today. Nothing fell off when I got out of bed this morning. I didn't cry at all. I was able to function as my thirties slipped away like a one night stand at 3 a.m.. Quiet and guilty. If the old adage is true, that you are as young as you feel or in my case, act, then I'm about twelve.

I am always collecting things that make me happy like toys and stickers and patches (oh my!). This is my cork board, also known as creative chaos. The rest of my craft room pretty much looks similar. Lots of Living Dead dolls,Roman Dirge, SHAG, Disney, Edward Gorey, Jim Henson, and Where the Wild Things Are collectibles. Not to mention my extensive Hello Kitty/Kuromi, Peckle, and My Melody Sanrio collectibles. I also collect tattoos, and just cool schtuff in general. I don't think I'll ever act my age.
 Here is what my husband got me last year for my birthday. It's a cool-ass Creepy comic from 1970, the year I was born. I LOVE this kinda stuff! This year I got a new computer monitor. Not as cool, but I am so in love with my new monitor I could kiss it every time I fire it up. My old monitor was like three feet thick and ate up all of my desk space.
Oh yeah, the little ghostie at the top of the post was something I wanted to share that I made years ago out of GID poly clay. He still glows like no bodys business. I am much better at clay play now, but he was always one of my favorite little dudes.

3 comments:

  1. I so enjoy coming to your blog and seeing your creations and collections! I think we have a lot in common!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I know, I suck... I totally should've said it earlier ;)

    And that little clay ghostie is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thanks for entering my Blog Candy I have been a follower of your blog for several months now I think I was one of your first followers I can not remember how I first happened on your blog did you maybe play in our Twinkling Tuesday Challenge some time??

    Your creations are always very unique and very creative and well done!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.