Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Zombies RULE!!!

"What if the hand that feeds me is surprisingly tasty?"
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this zombie stamp from starving artistamps! I have had him/her colored for quite some time, but never found the right layout or paper or mood. I really have to be in the right mood, or everything goes in the crapper (please pardon my "fancy" talk).
I tried to use Paper Glaze to make the eyes appear glassy, but the glaze never quite turned completely clear, so my zombie just looked like she had cataracts. I peeled the glaze off, removing the eye all together and had to turn to my trusty googly eyes to save the poor little critter. The larger eye even glows in the dark! I really like things that glow in the dark.
I've had these cute brads (from Oriental Trading Co.) for at least a year, and I finally used one! I also used my Cuttlebug embossing folder and highlighted the embossed area with my finger and some pigment ink for the background.
Simple, but cute. I'm glad to have finally used this stamp and now I can move on to the other monster stamp I ordered. Not to mention the fact that I am eagerly awaiting my order from Stamping Bella. I ordered four Ketto stamps and some new CB embossing folders (had to have the swiss dots!) I have been eyeing those Ketto images on various sites and blogs and I finally broke down and ordered some. I cannot wait to get inspired with my new goodies. They should be here tomorrow, so there is a reason to get up in the morning.





2 comments:

  1. I'm actually speechless.....you my Gloria have out done yourself!!! I can't believe how freaking cute that is!!!!!! I'm so gonna rub all over you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are supah cute! I really like the thick white border you left around the little blue monster. It really makes the colors *pop*.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.