Thursday, September 3, 2015

Splatters for Wicked Wednesday

Seems like forever since I played along with the talented
As soon as I saw that Vera Lane Studio was the sponsor this week,
I was instantly inspired to play along. I love Janet's stuff.
Janet Klein is an artist and designer for Stampotique stamps,
as well as having her own line of digis available in her etsy shop.

The theme for this week's challenge is Splatters or Sprays.
I opted for splatters using a fun technique I learned last year.
Basically, you just unscrew your spray inks and use the nozzle tube to 
drip color in a circle. That's it. Looks pretty cool, though.

I colored this kitteh named, Meow from the Vera's Zombies set, with Copics.
I gave him some white highlights using a white Posca pen.
I grounded him a bit with some Halloween washi tape.

I'd like to enter this ATC in the following challenges:


This little gal is for the Very Vera Halloween ATC swap 

I packed all kinds of mediums and textures and images onto 
this little 2.5" x 3.5" card. I used three Vera Lane images
(the crow and the witch are from the Little Whimsical witch set,
and the skull is from the Mad Hatter set.) I used crackle on the 
ticket and a gem for the spider body. I used glossy accents on the skulls
and the crow's eyes. Added a bunch of glittered bat die cuts and a corner
die cut for good measure. And let's not forget the distress ink on the 
edges of the entire card. Done!

I'd like to enter this ATC in the following challenges:





     

7 comments:

  1. Amazing creations Glo - LUV the spatter and that fabbo kitty :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these cards but the little witch is so fab! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love your coloring, you bring things to life. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. Love the images and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx
    Visit me at http://craftycrested.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both fabulous - love them, thanks for playing with us at Wicked Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ATC's! Love the great images and wonderful coloring!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those images look really cool and fun to play with. Your coloring looks spectacular. Great job. Thank you for joining us a Digi Galore's Anything Goes week.

    Katya Bess
    Digi Galore DT
    http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or just vent.